Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What I've learned from men

If you know me, you know that I'm very easy to talk to...because we've had a conversation or two, and I talked your ear off. But I do listen. I'm conducting a bit or market research and gathering as much information as I can from everyone I can and this is what I've learned from men:

What I discovered from Randy…he helped me with the survey because he was so stuck on children. I have a beautiful daughter, so I don’t tend to think about that. That’s why it’s so important to do market research!!! To understand what’s important to everyone else, and can I take myself out of the process…should I?

Pete "got me" he understood that I'm NOT a flirt (almost all of my female friends believe that I am and they are wrong...) Pete, when surveyed said that he didn't think that I was a flirt, but that I am "very aware of my environment" and when we met each other's gaze, I didn't look away and that I looked friendly. I was open to him flirting with me. Just for the record, that's how I think it should be...being a lady puts us squarely in a coveted position and I think we should stay there...more on that later. But what I learned from Pete is that I'm right ;).

In my discussions with "Rico Santiago", he explained to me that men marry to have children. Yikes…really? Don’t we offer more than a vessel to bare your offspring? I admit, I am a bit of a romantic, so I believe in meeting someone, getting to know them, spending a lot of time together and then falling in love at some point. Not everyone, just that special one and everyone has their “position” for lack of a better word, in your life. Maybe they introduce you to a potential employer or a new best friend. Maybe they take you to the best restaurant you’ve ever eaten at, or maybe they become an acquaintance. Regardless, we have the opportunity to meet people all the time, yet many of us let these opportunities go. Why? Fear, shyness, anger, frustration….who knows. One thing I do know is that I think it would be weird to assess every woman you met as a potential carrier of your sperm. It just seems so clinical. I don’t know, maybe he’s right…he is a man and I’m not. I’m just a woman with an opinion and a blogsite.

Regards,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment