Friday, July 9, 2010

Sometimes...it's just about the peanut butter

So…I ran out of peanut butter and didn’t want to make the trip to Whole Foods for my regular organic peanut butter, so I headed to the local Dominick’s. I noticed a strapping young man walking into the store as I parked and I noticed him take note of me. While he was attractive, I really had peanut butter on my mind.


So, I wandered from aisle to aisle staring up looking for anything that resembled peanut butter: condiments, breakfast, snacks…and wham. I almost pass my aisle and my little (well, not so little) friend is leaving the aisle and we almost collide. I spotted jellies and jams as I bobbed and weaved around him, determined that peanut butter was near. I never even looked at him as I grabbed his arm to move him out of my way, all the while apologizing for my behavior. When I did look at him, he seemed a little shocked. And I found organic crunchy peanut butter.

I thought it was funny that he returned to the aisle, perhaps to make sure that I was really that focused on peanut butter and not him…sorry friend, sometimes it really is just about the peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment