Saturday, July 7, 2012

Barcito, Chicago, IL July 6, 2012

After an impromptu trip to the city and prior to my much needed hair appointment with the fabulous Mohammed, I stopped at Barcito, just down the street. I arrive an hour early (yes, me, I arrived early, though now I fear I may be late to my appointment due to the delicious atmosphere here!)

Having just returned from Puerto Rico, one would think I’d had my fill of "Mexican” cuisine, however, this isn’t Mexican cuisine, and neither was the food in Puerto Rico for that matter. These are Northern Spanish tapas and they are beautifully crafted and absolutely delicious. Everything is priced, $3-5 per bite; most items are settled atop a crostini. Delicious romescos, hazelnut picada, shrimp, goat cheese…oh, my!

Every bite is heaven and the service is grand…after the girl was replaced by Juan. Juan helps me interpret the menu and in that helps me focus on what flavors I truly desire at the moment. We land on the Shrimp Brochette and the escalivada…and the sangria which is made with Hennesy. I’m certainly ready for my pampering with Mohammed. I’ll try not to be late, which will be a second in all the years I’ve known him. Wish me luck!!!



Regards,

Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment